Are there any new sedans I can buy in the US where the shifter is mounted in the steering column? And where the hand break is to the driver's left?I want to install my own bench seat, not to seat another person, but for comfort, looks, and especially to cuddle with the next girl I'm with! Bench seats have the most soul to me, and I think it would be a fun and satisfying project.

Asked by Oct 02, 2014 at 02:02 PM

16,630

Most cars that have a column mount shifter won't have an E-brake anywhere but on the floor to the far left of the brake pedal. How new are you wanting? 2014-15 or something a few years older?

I was wanting to finance something off the lot so 2014-15 would be optimal. Thanks for your response!

3,565

there is no car with the handbrake on the left. you might find a larger car with a bench seat and a foot pedal for the parking break though.

3,565

parking brake. sorry, don't text and type. lol.

Do you guys know of any 2014-15 cars (sedans or not) with a a column mounted shifter?

16,630

Not any more off the top of my head. I know the Buick Lucerne (which is no longer made last year was 2011) was a big car with a bench seat option. The 2013 old body style Impala offered a bench seat in I believe the LS and maybe the LT trims

Thanks guys, maybe someday front bench seats will make a comeback.

16,630

Maybe, who knows? LOL Good luck

Thanks! I just read this: "With automakers facing ever-stringent fuel-economy requirements, they may offer six-passenger sedans as alternatives to SUVs because they can seat almost as many people and burn less gas. If that happens, maybe whitewall tires can make a comeback, too." Source: http://ask.cars.com/2010/09/do-any-new-sedans-offer-a-front- bench-seat-.html