Going to store my car for the winter. Have a garage for the car. Beside taking out the battery is there anything else I should do?

Asked by Oct 01, 2014 at 10:38 PM

105,485

Year make and model please.

1989 cadillac allante

20,860

Very cool cars. My dad has had about 5-6 of them. Keep the top up. Is the garage heated? If not make sure the anti-freeze (and all other fluids for that matter) is at proper levels and the correct mix with water. Tires are inflated properly. Other than that I can't think of anything else.

Garage is not heated. Should I put the hard top on. Or is the soft top OK? I have a car cover for it.

20,860

No don't put the very rare hard top on for winter storage. You never want to leave any convertible top down for any long period of time. It will be incredibly wrinkled when you put it up in the spring. Leaving it up will keep it straight, smooth and tight.

105,485

All of the above are very good things to do, but. They forgot to mention what happens to this trash they call fuel if it sits. Fill the tank and then put in StaBil Marine fuel additive, start it and let it run a minute or two, the Marine product helps counter act the ethanol in the fuel and the damage it does.

20,860

I knew I was forgetting something. Good call tennisshoes!

OK sounds good. Thanks for your help.