Problem with A/C on my 2009 Chevy Tahoe with 47K miles

Asked by Sep 30, 2014 at 07:54 PM

Have the automatic system and set it to 60 degrees and just getting moderately cool air
blowing.  Have had it into the dealer twice and they recharged the system but said they
could not find anything wrong and that there were no leaks.

17,830

Could be the blend doors are not closing all the way, allowing hot air from the engine compartment or heater core to enter along with the a/c.

Thanks so much for your response. I will suggest that to the garage....

17,830

No problem. I would find a REPUTABLE independent mechanic. The new car dealerships are usually more expensive per hour and not as willing to think outside the box, as you just found out if all they did was charge your system twice and scratched their heads.