Well the filter and high pressure pump are new... the problem is still there. Starting and idleing r fine, but when I give it a little gas it wants to quit... I can't think of anything else it can be.

Asked by Sep 26, 2014 at 04:16 PM

It's an '87 F-150.

38,445

Buy some throttle body cleaner and clean your throttle body and your Idle Air Control Valve. If you see no improvement, replace your throttle position sensor. You should be able to find a video on Youtube on replacing the TPS. Keep us posted...............

Ok, thanks a ton.

If u have dual tanks try switching to the opposite tank if it solves problem its most likley the diaphragm in the selector assembly housing its very easy to change just remove bolts around assemdly and open her up usually itsorange in color look for hole or rip in diaphragm

I have duel tanks, but one's missing. How come nobody mentioned a second fuel filter!? I just found another, I'll have to buy a second one tomorrow... I'll let u know.

Oh