Dealership not honoring price

Asked by Sep 24, 2014 at 08:57 PM

Shopping for Chevy Silverado 1500 Crewcab.  Found 2 separate dealerships NOT
honoring the price advertised on cargurus.  Both said, "oh it was a mistake, the
manufacturer pulled several rebates from us" and instead offered to sell the car for
thousands more (Strickland Chevrolet in Pearland, Tx) and Demontrond Chevrolet in
Texas City, Tx).  I assume these dealerships pay to advertise on cargurus?  Anyone
else have these complaints?

68,725

Print out both ads and file a complaint with your local Office of Consumer Affairs. Did you check the advertised prices for these vehicles on the deslers' websites? If they match print those out too. A local Chevy Dealer here in NJ tried doing the same thing to my Nephew when he was buying his '03 Silverado. He printed out the ad from their website and got the truck for the advertised price on their website. Saved $1100. All he had to do was threaten to call Consumer Affairs and the Chevy Dealer became very cooperative!! HTH. -Jim

22,725

Texas Chevy dealerships pulling the "bait and switch"?! Amazing!! amazing that you would expect anything else-