I am debating which 2015 car to get I have a Volvo now xc 70 and have had so much trouble with the last two ones...I am thinking very seriously of getting the lexus rx 350 suv, what do you think am I making a bad decision

Asked by Sep 16, 2014 at 08:25 AM

36,145

If you want a change go for the Lexus. Life is short try something new and different. I'm still in the Volvo camp but it's not my money so go for it.

IMO you can't go wrong with a Lexus. Overpriced to be sure, but engineering is superb and Lexus/Toyota stands behind their products better than any car company I have ever dealt with. I am not disparaging Volvo, they too have superb engineering, http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Lexus_RX-350/Safety/ -- http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Volvo_XC70/ Both are among the safest and most reliable vehicles on the road

Good morning B-Mark --You make a good point there

24,005

all personal opinion- but my opinion is to tread lightly on this earth while I'm here- I am not so important that I need to leave a legacy of excessive pollution for others- in the name of "luxury"- a new FIAT 500- the one made in Mexico- it is small but nice- gets 40 mpg with careful driving- and only costs $15,000 brand new- KISS-

That's another good point jam. I have three grandkids that I would prefer to allow them to inherit a clean planet with breathable air. I bow to your attitude

36,145

Good Evening F.N. I think Bellafink is looking for moral support here. He's been with Volvo so long hesspeaks with a Swedish accent. (LOL) Change is good.

405

go for the lexus....stay away from volvo. A. Friend.

Look at how clean my Corolla is. I bet hybrids produce more polution Click to size up

36,145

Now take into consideration that the batteries for the hybrids are manufactured in South Korea because the process is so dirty the EPA regulations won't allow them to be made in the USA. Then there is the problem of what to do with the battery when it is no longer efficient. What really fries my azz is this need to push the battery powered automobiles when there is huge supply natural gas just waiting to be harvested. It's easy to refine. Burns clean. And is easy to use. If all of the "GREENIES" took the time to look at the carbon footprint of the battery operated Volts they would be stunned. Maybe they do know it but like criticizing bad Muslims they choice to ignore the facts.

24,005

making new automobiles requires a lot of oil and pollutes the air and water- making those huge batteries for hybrids requires enormous amounts of water and is also polluting- then, the huge batteries must be disposed of at the end of the car's life- and all this fighting over who gets the new Tesla battery plant! Albuquerque was in the running but it looks like Reno "won"- there's no water left in the Rio Grande- I guess Nevada does not matter because it has been nuke-tested to death already anyway- I wonder where the water will come from?

36,145

WOW! The EPA is going to allow a battery factory in the US? I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you. But I'm still in the natural gas camp.