Okay, this may be hard to explain. I recently had my codes ran and a code for my O2 sensor came up and the lean codes (which I was told it was common when O2 was bad) a code for charging and a code for transmission overheating. I just had the O2 sensor and alternator replaced. When I start driving and going down the road my truck feels like it kind of goes to neutral and will not let me accelerate. The speed then slowly goes down and when I press on the gas, my RPM gauge goes way high but the truck will not move. This is my first blazer and it is 2002. I literally have dropped over 3,000 grand in parts and labor and I am just hoping and wondering if this has happened to anyone and has any idea the cost of it or if I will just have to replace my whole transmission. Also, it has about 140,000 miles on it.

30

Asked by Sep 15, 2014 at 07:48 PM

Any information will help. It is currently at a mechanics and he is going to inspect the transmission, I'm just wondering if it is even worth trying to save?

68,895

Hate to say it ,but it doe,s sound like tranny is going bad,fluid level good?

30

Guy checked the fluid and it was black. I was gonna get it changed after I had gotten it fixed :/

30

I have had transmissions go on me, but not like this. I usually can smell the transmission fluid burning in my other vehicles and you could tell that they were completely slipping. Is there any sensors that can cause something like this?

68,895

What is your car?

68,895

Make ,model

30

2002 Chevy Blazer

68,895

Let me search a few minute,s on your truck.

68,895

Don,t think there are sensor,s on it that would cause this,here is a diagram of it,click to up size it.

30

Thank you so much

68,895

You are welcome.

70,965

You're transmission fluid is burned. The fluid should be red, pink, or possibly even clear. Red or pink is preferred. That coupled with your other symptoms suggest that the transmission is done! Sounds like this poor Blazer has been abused by either some heavy hauling or the engine has a history of overheating or both. HTH. -Jim