How do I fix my clutch on a 88 ford ranger

20

Asked by Sep 14, 2014 at 02:44 PM

Clutch is to easy to push down and
can't go into gear

It's either linkage or pressure plate springs collapsed. Hopefully you have an inspection plate you can take off bell-housing to see in. But..man, you are asking how to fix. If pressure plate is bad or disc burned up, pull transmission out, un- hook fork on throwout bearing and linkage to it. Unbolt pressure plate...maybe 6 bolts holding it on flywheel, if flywheel has blue colors on it, remove it too and have it re-surfaced or buy a new one. Assemble reverse. If you have never done one, plan on a day or weekend. Have a decent tool set at hand or you will get nowhere fast

Look my friend, don't just start all that without making SURE it NEEDS a pressure plate and disc. If it's something else and you pulled your transmission out for nothing you would hunt me down and shoot me And if you do buy a clutch kit, make sure it has a plastic dummy shaft in the kit

20

Thanks bud. But I checked my fluid level and it was low so I put some in and the petal still don't have any resistance. Could it be the master cylinder??

Oh crap. I wasn't even thinking hydraulic. Now you have my permission to shoot me. Yes, it very well could be. I had my mind on my 1976..sorry 'bout that

Or slave cylinder ..I will look for a bleeding procedure

Try these videos-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd1KDCAhTLc and.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKMHiauS7xw

20

Thanks man I'm hoping it's something simple

69,705

If it was low of fluid,it will have to be bled,but even if it get,s you going,there is a leak somewhere.

Yep, agreed

20

Thanks guys it worked like a charm