How to remove damaged screw on Honda Prelude 1997 distributer to remove rotor?

Asked by Sep 13, 2014 at 11:11 PM

I need a help to remove a damaged head screw on distributor rotor. I have Honda Prelude 1997. Has starting problem, no spark on all spark plugs. Wanted to check Ignition coil so I tried to remove rotor the screw head is bit damaged, now can not twist the screwdriver as it will slips. I taped with hammer (lightly not to hard it may damaged the rotor shaft) on screwdriver to loosen the screw but didn't work. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Sears, among others, sells a special tool for just such a problem. Be careful when you do it or you're going to do more damage then you know. Like having to replace the whole assembly.