How to remove damaged screw on Honda Prelude 1997 distributer to remove rotor?

Asked by Sep 13, 2014 at 11:11 PM

Hi,
I need a help to remove a damaged head screw on distributor rotor. I have Honda Prelude 1997. Has starting problem, no spark on all spark plugs. Wanted to check Ignition coil so I tried to remove rotor the screw head is bit damaged, now can not twist the screwdriver as it will slips. I taped with hammer (lightly not to hard it may damaged the rotor shaft) on screwdriver to loosen the screw but didn't work. Any help appreciated. Thanks

32,365

Sears, among others, sells a special tool for just such a problem. Be careful when you do it or you're going to do more damage then you know. Like having to replace the whole assembly.