I have a 2005 Audi a8 and my oil filter will not come off its too tight what do I do

Asked by Sep 12, 2014 at 09:09 PM

111,145

Have you tried an oil filter wrench or strap wrench?

111,145

Then there's the old school way of driving a long screw driver thru it cross ways and using it as handles to get some torque on it. But I only advise this method as a final resort.

If speaking of the special tool it uses yes I have I've taken to repair shop but they said it was too tight and to get it off they would have to brake the screew or the housing

65,725

It want break oil pump housing,this is caused by no oil being put on o ring seal,the o ring is what,s holding it.It can be removed,spray around top of oil filter with pb blaster,then go old school,as dandyoun said,screw driver or strap oil filter wrench would be the thing to use,your mechanic may be scared to do it,but i have removed a lot of them,just like your,s.

242,225

http://audi-diy.blogspot.com/2007/11/audi-a8-changing-oil-and-filter-on- 32.html....make sure engine is warm, and find another mechanic who can do it properly.