If I still owe close to $10000 on my car but wish to sell it how can I do it without a title and not going through a dealership?

Asked by Sep 07, 2014 at 04:42 PM

2008 Chevy Tahoe wish to sell for a 2 door Tahoe but I still owe for the loan about 10000 but do t have the title

If your title is held locally and you can find a buyer, both of you can go and pay the rig off and he can get the title instantly. That is the only way I know of without getting a dealer involved.

My advice is keep it until it's paid for. I seriously doubt someone is going to turn over $10,000 to a stranger and trust them to pay off the vehicle and turn over the title. Also, if someone has that kind of cash they're probably not going to buy a 7 year old vehicle. They're going to use the money for a down payment on a new one that has zero miles on it and a factory warranty. HTH. -Jim

Talk to the people that hold the lien on the vehicle (they have the title). They can advise you on the necessary steps to take when you locate a buyer.