car history and the vin number had chauy the car.HELPI looked at a nged completely ? I don't know if I should not b

5

Asked by Sep 05, 2014 at 06:16 PM

uy the car.HELPI looked at a car history and the vin number had changed completely ?I
don't know if I should not buy the car? WHY WOULD SOMONE CHANGE. the vin #  
HELP

105,325

Run run run do not purchase, it could be a stolen vehicle or a reassembled totaled vehicle. All I see is trouble.

Ditto...get as far and as fast as you can from that car, t-shoes is sooooo right you could actually end up in jail trying to explain that

105

About 45 years ago, I changed the VIN number on a car. How? I rear-ended someone with my Mini Cooper; bent the frame. Bought another Mini with a blown engine and transferred my engine and a lot of other mechanicals into that one. So theft is not the ONLY way a VIN gets changed. But I don't know of a good way.