Difficult finding actual lenders for the low/poor credit profiles without linking to a dealership, I would create a new business model, offering both options and charge an extra fee for no dealership.

Asked by Sep 04, 2014 at 09:53 PM

Anyone have a used car lender? poor credit...looking for 3 names to compare with. Thanks

Most loan companies that lend money to the bad credit risks do so in conjunction with the automobile dealership. The loan is make with "recourse" meaning that if you don't make the payment the dealership is required to take the car back and is on the hook for fees and expenditures involved in the repo. That is one reason why the down payment is so high for poor credit risks.