I work at a mechanic shop howlong n how much should I get paid to r n r a transmisson in a 4 wheel drive2000 Ford expidition xlt

60

Asked by Aug 29, 2014 at 11:52 AM

64,385

Most good mechanic,s make any where from,20 to 35 dollar,s and hour wage.

60

Boss man said a day n 100$ think he is shorting me on the money

64,385

That is five hour,s labor,at the low rate.

60

It is a swap out how many labor hours does it give for this job

60

So he's cheating me? ?

64,385

8 to 12 hour,s if you have the proper tool,s,and equipment.

64,385

Michael,i just want to ask,and don,t take this personal,how much experence do you have?

60

Whats the labor scale give for a job like this

60

No proper equipment. Been doing this all my life I'm 54 just started with Guy a week ago in. Ft worth texas

64,385

Just a guess,but around $350.00,but your boos probably charged about 750 to do it

64,385

If he is making you work like a shade tree mechanic,you need 30 dollars, and hour.

64,385

Meaning no proper lift,s and tools.

60

Thanks that's what its like u rock

TST is right. The place I take my Corolla , the only time I ever needed to take it there was to have it Calif. smogged. The Shop rate is $65 an hour and the mechanic, if smog certified gets paid $27.50 and the non- certified mechanics get $20 hour But ya gotta remember, the owner has all the overhead to pay, rent on building or mortgage if he owns the building (it costs a friggin' fortune to build a proper shop with lifts, haz-mat disposal pick-ups for oil coolant and just about any fluid in a car is legally considered hazardous and must be disposed of by a licensed company, that's expensive and so on