what does city and highway mean as in Milages? I know stupid question but I'm learning about cars because my first car broke so I'm making sure I know at least what I can before I buy another one

10

Asked by Aug 22, 2014 at 08:58 PM

107,495

City---is the Gas mileage while driving in city.(stop and go traffic) Highway-- is gas mileage you get driving on open highway.(not stop and go traffic)

150,635

There are no stupid questions Hiiis that's how you learn

63,065

With stop and go (city) driving you will use more fuel because the engine is speeding up and pulling the car from a dead stop each time you accelerate. With highway driving you use less fuel because your speed is more constant. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer
10

So would I want a higher city milage on my car and less highway or the other way around?

32,875

Yes. If your going to do a lot of highway driving. Just be for warned. The hybrid car estimates are not accurate. Some gas Fords beat them in the real world.

63,065

Yes, for the most fuel efficient vehicle look for higher city mileage. HTH. -Jim