I'm having a problem with my AC in my mitsubishi eclipse spyder, I can only turn my AC on while my car is in motion, if i stop the car and have the AC on it dies, any help?

50

Asked by Aug 08, 2014 at 09:23 PM

114,955

Car dies? If so idle air control valve dirty/faulty or dirty throttle plate.

50

I was thinking it could be because the idle is set too low? It's weird because I can turn my radio on and it works fine, like I can still have the car on but I have to turn the AC off if I come to a complete stop

114,955

Yes your iac is suppose to idle the car up when ac is on or any time acc put a load on engine at an idle? What year is yours?

50

2001 v4, previous owner did a battery change and this started happening.

114,955

Ok might want to double check for corrosion on the negative cable to the frame and motor. These cars are real funny about their grounds. All sorts of weird things happen if the grounds aren't perfect.

114,955

But I suspect the iac is what's giving you the trouble. And if you find it not to be working properly and decide to by a new one don't buy the cheap ones on line. They are crap. Only about one out of three works properly any length of time. Go ahead and bite the bullet and get a good one from one of your local auto parts stores(auto zone)