What aftermarket radio would be best for a mitsubishi eclipse spyder 2001?

50

Asked by Aug 08, 2014 at 09:20 PM

116,515

Put a pioneer in my wife's 2003. Make sure to buy the proper install kit so you don't have to hack the wire harness. Also does yours have the infinity sound system?

50

Yes it has the infinity sound system with the anti theft thing so it kinda worries me switching to an aftermarket radio

116,515

Oh it will hook right up with the install kit. But if your top leaks and most of these do. I suspect the box under the passenger seat to be bad due to moisture. But all I did was unplug and remove the box. Then the two harnesses that go to that box will plug into each other so all your speakers work properly.

116,515

Have you noticed a funny smell in your car. Almost like burnt rubber or silicone? If so it's the box under the passenger seat.

50

Havnt noticed anything, only thing is the volume control is funky on my radio

116,515

Lol. Sounds like what my wife's was doing when her box under the seat went out.