I have a 1995 ford escort. So i drove my car to the gas station (car was running smooth and perfect) and i parked it and went inside and i came out and it wouldnt crank back up. SO i unhooked the negative side of my battery and hooked it back and and the car cranked right up and ran smoothly. Soooooo what tcould this be? wev had to do it a couple of times already, and it works every time. Its got to be a sensor right?????

205

Asked by Aug 08, 2014 at 05:08 PM

455

When you turn the key to the on position do the interior lights come on as usual? Does the fuel pump come on and then go off? When you turn the key to crank does the starter activate? Does the engine turn over but not start?

205

Yes it all come on, fuel pump turns on and everything.

68,895

Check your crank sensor,it will do this.