I have oil running through radiator reserve and pretty much its everywhere. I had a crack in radiator and temporarily sealed it with epoxy like product until I ordered radiator. It overheated so bad I was told I may have broke head gasket. My mechanic friend got it running again as it was stalling and has told me to sell it as its $1000me to fix (mostly labor) but then he wanted to buy it for his son! Not sure if it can be fixed (valve gasket new radiator) or if he wasn't lying and I should junk. Just need to know how to find out if its salvageable. Anybody?

25

Asked by Aug 07, 2014 at 03:06 PM

Mitzubishi Eclipse 4cyl 2001

455

If you overheated enough to blow a head gasket and destroy the radiator then you most likely have a warped head as well. That kind of heat can ruin a lot of inner engine components and damage gaskets and seals through out. Though the current leak may be fixed by replacing the radiator, machining the heads, and replacing gaskets, you might have a string of inner engine issues due to warped and damaged components. It is a gamble at this point.

Best Answer

Dude, jonny, really well explained and accurate. My compliments ...suzee suggest you give him a Best answer click

25

Yes, very accurate and sincere one guy replied rude I dleted my whole page restarted. Thanks guys...very helpful.

On behalf of the rest of us, who are gentlemen, I apologize. PM me who it was if you want me to set him straight

25

Nah, ill be thick skinned &I move on. But thank you...nice to know there are still gents out there! Appreciate all the answers thank again!