Had ignition switch replaced on my Pontiac Solstice June 28th 2014 because of recall

105

Asked by Jul 31, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Car won't start now.. checked battery, fuses, starter and alt.. Could it be the passkey security system that won't let my car start?? They replaced the keys with the new ignition switch.. Also hooked it up to computer, wouldn't give any codes kept coming up error.

64,365

I would think it may be,key,you may need to go have your ecm reset.

105

Would the ecm reset be because of the key ? Car no longer under warranty except for the ignition I had replaced.

64,365

Yes,key must not be programmed correclty to the ecm,if you have had this problem since or shortly after.Take it back,because they did the work on the igintion,i would think they would fix it being it has,nt been that long ago.