I have a 2002 civic with 1.4l motor, It run fine but recently when I go to start it, hot or cold it won't start for a couple of tries then starts, fuel filter is new so are the plugs. would a crank sensor stop working slowly?

Asked by Jul 23, 2014 at 04:46 PM

Hard to start only sometimes, hot or cold, new fuel  filter, im thinking crank censor? Also see the green key light flashing,

33,545

When you say, "won't start" do you mean engine turns over and over and it won't fire? Or is it just going click, click, then it starts?

It turns over just fine with compresion but does not start, it acts like its not getting a signal from the crank censor, but I always thought that when it goes out it goes OUT!

33,545

Try a different key if you have one. Also try touching the key to metal before starting. I have heard that they can build up static and not start the car if you have a chipped key. Most likely it is a faulty immobilizer unit. The good old anti theft feature that malfunctions and disables your car.