What do I do about the leaking coolant

Asked by Jul 20, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Question type: General

3 Answers

What to do


Can you work on your own car? First thing is to find where it is leaking. Then replace the part, (water pump, hose or gasket). Refill with new coolant. If not, then find a local mechanic who can help.


I think that since you have to ask what to do you should have a reputable mechanic take care of the leak. Driving with the leak may create a bigger, more costly problem so take care of it as soon as possible.

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

  • Leaking coolant 2 answers

    I have a 2005 2500 HD Diesel and it is leaking on the drivers sid of the block it is running down the aluminum casing any ideas what might be leaking Thank for any help

    2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD



  • my 2002 buick regal is leaking coolant, how do i fix this problem? 1 answer

    low coolant light coming on. I am adding coolant to my car every 7 days


  • coolant 1 answer

    When i start my 2012 chevy malibu i can hear the coolant cycle through the engine...is this normal?


  • Coolant 1 answer

    What kind of coolant for2006 jeep liberty

    2006 Jeep Liberty



  • Coolant leak 1 answer

    coolant leaking from underneath the engine

    1995 BMW 5 Series 525i


    Maintenance & Repair


Search General Questions

General Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 43,600
Reputation 36,990
#3 FordNut
Reputation 30,030
View All