2005 Mercury Montego 104,000 miles I've never had problems out of the car, until I took a small trip about a hour and a half. The next morning when I got up to go to work car wouldnt start.

Asked by Jul 13, 2014 at 09:21 AM

It made a ticking noise like it didn't
have enough power so I wiggled the
positive and negitive terminals on
battery and eventually started with
hesitation. Now the car starts with
hesitation and a few try's of turning
the key. I'm stumped any help would
be greatly appreciated.

105,395

Clean your battery cable connections first then have your start/charging system checked. It could just be dirty connections or your battery is on it's last leg.

Best Answer Mark helpful

I cleaned and tightened termanials and battery is almost 4 years old but after a few try's it starts? Figured if I kept trying it would run the battery down even more?

105,395

4 years is about life of a battery, get it tested, sometimes a trip or a change in weather can do a borderline battery in. You might consider doing a voltage drop test on your cables if your battery passes.

Will do, I appriciate the info, I will post back on results.