01 dodge ram 1500 4X4 front axle replacing all inner seals cannot get gears out

90

Asked by Jul 02, 2014 at 08:28 PM

when got to removing gears from front case theres a small hole which has a tork screw or
allen head which locks the large pin in place helping to hold the gears in place.my
problem is someone put a roll pin in place instead no hole at other end no room to get
anything in there because its in the case.any ideas would be deeply appreciated

39,925

If the roll pin is hollow in the middle, I would put a wood screw in there and give it a couple of turns. Then I would try and pull the roll pin out with a pair of needle nose......