I can not remove the ignition key from the ignition of a 1990 Saab 900 is there a lock on it so it can be removed the key will turn and works properly it just doesn't come out

Asked by Jun 12, 2014 at 09:38 AM

23,515

ok- at least you can still use the car- you need a new lock cylinder- or if you can somehow get the key out, spray it with graphite- is that ignition switch down between the seats? I do not usually answer Saab questions because of my low opinion of them- but this is a simple problem- unless getting that lock cylinder out from between the seats proves to be extraordinarily difficult-

Best Answer Mark helpful

Think u and the car was gave to me so I have nothing into it

23,515

That Saab will wind up costin' you money- find a Saab enthusiast and get rid of it while it still runs- take the money and find some Grandma's Corolla-

charge your battery, it worked for me