99 ford 250 super duty 5.4 gas engine misses jerky surge

45

Asked by Jun 12, 2014 at 12:39 AM

5.4 gas engine has a jerking type miss not all the time but there is no check engine light or codeson the computer im worried about changing spark plugs in it cause of the chance it will end up blowing one out afterwords (common problem) any ideas how to trace down to find my cyl doing this

34,655

Your right about the spark plug problem. There's a process of removing them that reduces the chance of stripping the threats, but even that's risky. It in volves

34,655

Involves filling the plug hole with JB penetrating oil and giving the plugs a half turn back and forth waiting up to a half hour between turns. Scarier stuff but the plugs only last 100'000 miles at best. It might be worth it to have this done by someone else. Good luck. On till then try disconnecting the battery for about a half hour. That will reset the ECU. Good luck.