Would you look ---Expert # 12 and # 14

16,665

Asked by Jun 10, 2014 at 02:51 PM

# 12 and # 14 are also getting Helpful clicks on 7 YEAR OLD answers. Weird.   Does
anyone besides me see what is going on?

242,285

Chas, it's the way the system is supposed to work. The database is huge, so if someone searches on a question or car and that question /answer helps them, they can click helpful be it this week, last month or last year. Ex. if I see you answered a question the way I would, I click helpful. Does this help?

16,665

Then that is STUPID. If merely the question was commented on that would be ok . This "system " ranks someone that hasn't answered a question in 7 YEARS? To a casual visitor to the site it makes it look like there are Experts around that really haven't been around for 7 YEARS. [ and it disadvantages someone like T___y , that has made comments about this very subject ; but , I don't think they knew that 7 year inactive experts were staying ahead ].......... 7 years without a single answer should not keep someone near the top of the list of experts ;period.

16,665

I have made comments to Contact Us on the ticked box issue and got answered that that's just how it is ......and again -How it is is a tad ??

16,665

It is the expert ranking being show front and centre for INACTIVE EXPERTS that is a tad ????? ; the answers are not the issue.

16,665

# 2 not an answer in 10 months and # 4 not in 2 years. So you can see ;based on your answers, that it is a little misleading.

16,665

so # 4 (who has said nothing in 2 years ) gets 20 helpfuls since May 31 ; #18 who is actively answering current questions also gets 20 helpfuls since May 31 ; so #18 never gets to move into # 4 spot ?