I have a 2012 ford escape i left my lights on and battery went dead jump it and it started.what color should light be on battery when its charged

Asked by Jun 07, 2014 at 12:13 AM

210,485

Should be green when fully charged. I assume it is black? If it was dead and you jump started it, you had enough change to start it. I usually don't go by the color, I ran a battery for 2 years with it being black. Just check the voltage with a multimeter. You should have around 12.3V. If your around the 12V mark, you will have issues. The battery should be put on a trickle charger to bring it it back up to a full charge. Another option is to some long drives on the highway to let the alternator charge the battery back up. Also your local auto parts store will check your battery health and sometime charge it for you, and inspect it if it needs replacing.