Should I have an Owner's Manual in my glove box

15,635

Asked by Jun 02, 2014 at 07:52 PM

If I have an Owner's Manual; should I read it?  .....If I don't have one;should I get one?

210,005

Nah, just ask someone else, who has time to read anymore.

210,005

If it's on the internet, it true, right?

210,005

I took my owners manual out of my glove box, saved me 1MPG and got me 5-10 more HP.

15,635

comedian :) ..... I was hoping to get some honest discussion so that people that come on this site might start to realize that the manual isn't a door-stop.

965

Dear Chassy, The first thing you should do if you see/find an owners manual that belongs to your car in your cars glove box, is immediately remove it from your glove box and promptly replace it with yet another owners manual from another car. Year, model, type has no bearing as no one reads them anyway. I had an idea. Nobody reads those bibles the Gideon's put in hotel rooms. Why not have them branch out to car dealers and have them put owners manuals in other places no one opens. However a real tip here. If perchance you DO need happen to refer to an owners when you rent a car, and don't find it in the glove box, (and you won't) lift the trunk lid and look under the spare tire. It's true, they put them there so people can't steal them and not read them as easily. I know we're joking... I think..Lol..

965

I try to help with an intelligent question, but as Chris Cross says, it's raining morons and I'm too old for this.

965

Maybe we should be asking if our cars should have glove boxes?

210,005

Come to think of it. I never put a pair of gloves in any of my "glove boxes"

210,005

Top Shade, Nope, no payment. Just the fun of answering questions and hangin with other like users venting once in awhile.

15,635

I'm here because : I LOVE CARS; CAR TALK,CAR HISTORY,;...passing along HOW to solve CAR PROBLEMS; passing along SHOP TALK about -"yeh I worked on one of thoses xxxxx and it had the craziest xxx ;etc.;... passing along experiences on how to FIX a problem WITHOUT just buying a new part ; etc.;etc.. Some guys talk baseball;some football; etc. ; I LIKE CARS !!!

15,635

@TopShadeTree - THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I THINK. ...everyone gets a "helpful" that joined in on this car question ......I hope that this page discussion continues and I hope this site continues.......and I hope I can continue to search for real genuine questions......BUT (maybe) THE CAT MAY HAVE BEEN LET OUT OF THE BAG.........going to miss ya all & the real questions if ; indeed, TOP & I are headed in the right direction. [ maybe I'm just too cynical and leery ;but --really! ....CAN there be that many questioners with the I.Q. of a walnut ??????;[;[

965

I'm afraid so. Not so much walnut, I was thinking more almondy. You can't make this stuff up. Hope everyone has a good day!

Best Answer
15,635

P.S. ----I used that "contact us" button a while back and suggested that I'd like to see more choices for me to click when I read an answer. Maybe something like ----interesting.......good to know.......This answer is the only answer needed......good suggestion. I also asked about this BEST ANSWER thingy because I got a few when I had just barely finished typing?? It's the accountant in me mixed with the grease monkey that started me questioning what is going on here?

965

15,635

@...TOM , in the above posts you replied to a TopShadeTree comment but where did TopShadeTree's comment disappear to....it ain't anywhere above. That really must be what the glovebox is for.;[......strange.

15,635

well there has been some viewers on the question. wonder if anyone learned that the owner's manual may have an answer or two in it?