My 98 Ford Explorer is making a terrible grinding/squealing noise when I brake. Not all the time. Occasionally, but enough. I just had new brakes installed. Could it be the rotors? Help!

Asked by Jun 02, 2014 at 01:18 PM

9,525

Lots of times, it takes a while for new brakes to get burned in to your rotor,s.If there is no shakes when you brake,then rotor,s are ok,Give it a little time should go away.

9,525

If sound stays,please for your safety,go have them checked : )

Thank you! I actually just went out and bought new rotors because the sound was unbearable and I swore that was what the sound was.

9,525

You are welcome : )