Timing Belt 2001 Toyota Highlander

Asked by May 31, 2014 at 01:53 PM

Was quoted $ 299 to replace the timing belt but they said they would need an additional $ 340 if the water pump also needed to be replaced.   Appears to be a very good price on the timing belt but excessive on the pump.   Would appreciate some help as to whether or not this is a fair price.  Thanks

110,035

639. That sounds high unless it's 340 for all. Your timing belt it 200 and the water pump 30 - 60. When timing belt is removed you are right at your water pump. Only couple bolts more labor.

110,035

Oh and if that water pump has not been changed its recommended to change it when you change the timing belt.

237,745

Based on my estimates and going to the dealership they will charge you $600-$800 total, high I know. See if you can get some quotes from other shops in your area.

110,035

Thanks Tom. That makes me glad I can do my own work. Wow how do folks afford it. But then again how do the companies I do work for afford me. One big circle.