Is it possible that a dealer dropped the price, then raised it back up?

10

Asked by May 31, 2014 at 11:26 AM

116,505

Yes it is possible. My wife found her dream car on line. Eclipse spyder. She printed out the add with price, pictures and vin number. And we headed to the dealership about two hours down the road. When we arrived we found that there was about a four thousand dollar difference in the price(higher at dealership). My wife about had a duck. She showed them their add and it seems there was a typo made with the add. But guess what. After some discussion. Wife doing all the talking them doing all the listening. (Lol if you get my drift) They ended up selling it to us for the price in the add.

10

I thought so. Only thing is they reduced the price, then raised it back up before I could print out a hard copy. So I guess I'm screwed.

10

Can I borrow your wife as my litigator at the dealership. Haha

116,505

Might try contacting them. There might be a typo with the higher price.

116,505

Lol. Sure but hope you not thin skinned or get offended easily. The country girl comes out of her real quick if she thinks someone is trying to pull the wool over her eyes.

10

Oh not at all, I'm just afraid I'll start cursing like crazy at the dealer. I already contacted them. They are denying they decreased it. Oh well.

116,505

Hope you have better luck next time. And might want to keep your finger on the print button when looking at car adds.