03 kia sedona no acceleration, stalls at temp

20

Asked by May 31, 2014 at 09:19 AM

I have replaced the TPS, crank sensor,
cam sensor, and MAFS, no significant
vaccum leaks. It starts, idles fine
when cold. It initially will jump to
4500-5k rpms then drops to ~3k
when cold. When hot it doesn't
accelerate at all and will drop idle to
2-300 rpm choke along for a min and
stall. Let it sit for a few min and starts
fine and whole process goes again
but quickly. can a clogged cat act like
this? Thanks for your input.

15,645

I have replaced - does that means you did all that yourself OR did you pay to have it done. Your reply will determine my next answer.

9,365

Agree with chas, things done by a d.i.y. you may have to go in reverse,to no whats wrong. .: )

20

I did the work. They only go in 1 way except for the MAFS and there is an arrow pointing towards the engine. Itwas doing the same thing before replacing all of them. Those are just the usual suspects.

9,365

If it only does it as temp go,s up,then start with your catalic converter,but if the issue is not there,then may need to check your ecm,if it is bad,it will do the same thing,it gets hot to.

20

Ecm is in the cabin under passenger seat. shouldn't electronics stay hot and not be so responsive to short term shut off. The lack of acceleration when cool is what is making me think its the exhaust.

15,645

5000RPM when dead cold at IDLE - wow. Then; when hot, it drops to 200RPM. Why is it going straight to 5000? Dying when hot is a different issue.

9,365

Check caty first,then go to the pcm,the pcm does get a little warm but should not get hot.

20

No sorry, idles fine. When you step

9,365

We are not standing there with you,if we were we could probably tell your problem right off the bat,but that said,we can only be your brain,not your eyes.And ecm works the same way.

20

On the gas it will jump to 5000 then goes to 3k. As it warms up idle goes from 1k down and down until stalls

9,365

See,My brain just kicked in after re-reading your post.Check your fuel pressure regulator also.

15,645

Wait a minute,wait a minute, WAIT A MINUTE --He wrote "It initially will jump to" I'm out of here guys!

20

I tried to clarify. When you step on the gas initially it jumps to..