If i ask you a question will you give me and answer??Ok whats the answer

9,365

Asked by May 30, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Some folks love to mess with good people,s heads,they are just asking bogus question,s
to see if you answer.If you are a question answerer on this site,if the question is
stupid,dumb or just don t make no since ,lets stop answering them at all.They kill time
that could be used to answer legit questions for people that really need help.

9,365

And if you do get bogus questions ,click on the user,s account and hit report.

101,675

Lol. So true some times. Patience my friend. If we help just one person out of a jam we have done a good deed. Although it does get on ones nerves to have to wade thru the bogus ones just to find a real motorist in need. Drive safe.

Best Answer
101,675

Ok well now you got me second guessing whether any of these are really owners in need.

9,365

So true

210,435

I also noticed someone will post as little information to see if they get a response (test the waters). If so, further information will be forthcoming. Most people who ask the questions are new to the site, and might not want to spend the time the type out a huge paragraph. Hard to judge if the question is legit.

101,675

True Tom

15,635

Yes but some are too far over the top. If the question is coming from a genuine d.i.y. person then they would know that they can't get a decent answer to something, that may have them stumped, unless they ask a question with some specifics. Those one's are not in question. And maybe a person that isn't knowledgeable should be told that they need a friend right there to listen to the car or test drive it. If they don't know anyone ;then,the best advice is try to steer them to mechanics for estimates .( and if you do not know the mechanic's reputation you can get the Better Business Bureau in your town to at least inform you if the guy has a list of complaints (or not) against him.)

210,435

Also right Chas. I find a lot of questions are from drivers that a clueless and need some info to help them determine if they need to take it into the garage or it's something they can fix. I like to give them my opinion or some info to get them thinking. Everyone wants to save some money these days and if this site can help them do that, all the better, but not at the expense of safety.

15,635

right

965

Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies. Seriously folks, some people ask questions that belie imagination. Like 'What is that light that comes on that looks like 1/2 a deflated orange and what does it mean?" How do I turn on my headlights on my 2012 Cobalt and where are the turn signal levers? There once was a car in the middle lane running on just 2 front wheels and one rear wheel going down the highway. Everyone was honking, but the driver just waved and paid no attention. Don't worry folks, that was me. I was driving a 1972 Citroen.

15,635

I like that word "belie".... A bunch want to know " Why did the tire go flat while I was driving over the cop barricade and did that cause the check engine thingy to come on and the trunk to pop open?" .... I THINK we are ALL on the SAME PAGE . Be helpful; don't ALWAYS assume that a silly question is bogus [ I'll thank a few of the optimists amoung you for making me a tad less cynical ] ; don't give advice on d.i.y. if you think the newbie will leave off the wheel after they do the brake pads and they won't check anything else while they're in there ; watch out for questions where it looks like they want you to tell them how to do something iffy ;like, " How to I remove the..."; or " by-pass the..." ; or "listen to the tumbles in the safe I'm trying to open".......I'll swear that one guy, that wanted to know how to open the door, may not have been the car's owner!! drive safe;repair well.