Trading in a vehicle with issues

10

Asked by May 30, 2014 at 11:12 AM

I am going to be trading in my vehicle.  It is an AWD vehicle but it needs a new transfer case.  The mechanic took out the drive shaft and it is only driving in front wheel drive.  Do I disclose this to them or do I keep it to myself if they don't ask?  I feel I might get an even more low ball offer than what it would cost to get it replaced.  Also if I fail to disclose it (not lie to them) but just not say anything, could I get some kind back lash after the sale or anything?

9,825

I would not do this,yes it,s good for you if you dont,but in the long run it might come back and bite you in the butt.Be honest you will feel better for it : )

10

Thanks for the advice! That was the way I was leaning anyway but I just wanted to hear it from someone else

17,025

Honestly is always the best policy my Dad said