Car shakes around 60mph

65

Asked by May 29, 2014 at 01:48 PM

Just purchased a set of new tires, and at 60 mph cars shakes a bit...what to do?

Have you had the wheels balanced and alignment done? When last did you replace wheel bearings?

78,565

You didn't say year make or model, but anyway if it didn't do it before then it is most likely a balance problem. As you stated you feel it at 60 you should also feel it around 30 at a steady speed, try to track it down as to front or rear, it can help the tire guys track it down.

65

Sorry for my thoughtlessness....CLK 430 1999...I had some goodyear f1's on before (one month) and they rode bad!! my car was idle for 2 weeks, just got michelins on yesterday (29 may) got it up to 80 and did'nt have that problem, but i'll still get it aligned for pete's sake...Thanks for your help