I bought a 2010 Mazda 3. It has 27,000 miles on it. Three tires are good, but the right front is nearly shredded. Wouldn't all tires go bad at the same time?

Asked by May 18, 2014 at 08:33 AM

I bought a 2010 Mazda 3 in 2009. It only has 27,000 miles on it. As a senior citizen, I
drive cautiously. Of the four tires, three are still good, but the right front tire is shredded to
the wire. Why is that? If I get one new tire, would that affect the other three tires?

257,695

Something in the alignment and or suspension component is faulty on that side. Could be a toe or camber issue. Find a tire place near you and get the tire replaced. Move the new one to the rear and have a proper alignment done. The mechanics working on it will be able to assess if there are damaged parts to be replaced. HTH's.