My 87 fox body mustang. I installed a new tfi module on the side of my distributer set the timing back rite ain't cranks and runs then it shuts off once it gets warm the way it was doin b4 I changed

Asked by May 16, 2014 at 09:00 AM

It then it will crank back one it is cool
agin the motor is not running hot. I
also replaced the sensor plug in the
steering wheel column that some
said could be the problem and it
didn't help it. It has a high
preformance fuel pump on it could it
be causing the engine to flood  and
not fire till it un floods ???

105,385

Did you change the distributor pickup at the same time as the module? If not that might be your problem.

264,085

Right, TFI module was the first step, now it's time to look into the PIP sensor inside the distributor. You can just replace the distributor with a new one or try the fix in these threads....www.latemodelrestoration.com/products/86-93-Mustang- Distributor-Install...........sbftech.com/index.php?topic=28934.0