broken hood cable

Asked by May 15, 2014 at 02:12 AM

broken hood release cable on 2006 300c how do i open the hood?

10

Are you sure the cable is broken? What probably happened is the outer sheath came loose from the clamp. In that case, the lever is pulling both the outer sheath as well as the inner cable back, and the lever does not go back far enough to release the hood. I suggest you take the cable loose from the lever, then with a pair of pliers pull the inner cable back until the hood releases. Once the hood is open you can fix the cable back to the clamp.