CLASSIC 1999 GMC 2500 4X4 SINGLE CAB any good honest answers will help

Asked by May 14, 2014 at 06:59 PM

New fuel pump and fuel injection assembly new fuel filter new cap,
wires, rotor and new plugs all done less than 2 months ago.
Everything else checks out fine, but its getting harder to crank and
when it does it spits, pops seems like its loading up and goes to
running like shit. When it does run, going down the road if you gas it
will spit and pop and start losing power. Could someone, anyone give
me a few pointers please. Thank you from Texas

95,235

When my 96 5.7 started doing the same thing it wound up being the intake gaskets, got them replaced and within a few minutes the fuel pressure regulator took a dump and flooded it out right there in the mechanics station before it even warmed up. So after that was replaced it ran better than it had for a long time. HTH