Is a lower price offer allowed?

10

Asked by May 11, 2014 at 02:53 PM

I’m a student on a tight budget. Am I allowed to make a cash offer that’s lower than
the asking price on your Website?

63,245

You sure can. Any time any where. The price of my '08 Mercury was $16,000. I paid $12,500. The price of my '93 Chevy Caprice was $21,150. I paid $16,200. In fact you should never ever pay the asking price, even on a brand new car! HTH. -Jim

Best Answer
10

You guys are awesome :)

795

Pow22... just keep in mind... the concept of a cash offer being more valueable to a dealer is like urban legend... a lot of dealerships get a kick back from whoever they place the loan with... so being aware of this, you can probaly work a better deal if you do financing... they may be willing to drop your price by 300 if they know they are getting 300 from the lender... you would just need to do the loan for about 3 months so the dealer doesn't get charged back... then after that if you have the cash and want to pay off the note, you can do it...