At what mileage should you not consider buying a C5 Corvette?

Asked by Apr 29, 2014 at 08:27 PM

825

Really depends on where you are located... If you're in Florida, it is a year round car and I would use the normal 12-15k annual milage... but if you're in a place like me where the seasons can get ugly, it really should be more like 3-5k a year... I'm in Massachusettes and the people who really take care of their Corvettes put them away for the winter... so almost half the year the car is garaged... so if you had someone from New England and the Vette had 15k miles a year on it, there is a good chance they were drivign it year round and those cars in the snow do not do well, so walk away from it because there is probably a fender bender in its past - whether on the CarFax or not...

Thanks Bryan, I am in the Nebraska panhandle. Have always wanted a vette not much to choose from here but quite a few in the Colorado front range.

16,665

a buddy of mine has a Vette from mid 70's with a little over 250000 miles on her and she's still a beaut