I have a 1999 dodge ram 1500 that runs good then all of sudden loses power and dies, after 20 minutes it will crank and run. what is wrong

Asked by Apr 26, 2014 at 05:58 AM

530

When was the last time u had a tune up an change fuel filter

Best Answer Mark helpful

no tune up. replaced fuel pump 4000 miles ago

530

Was it bad did dirt come out of it.did you change it before that. After it dies it starts right up

no it was clean. it starts after about 20 minutes. the filter comes with fuel pump. seems to die after the motor get to running temp.

530

Ok when it dies have someone bang on under the gas thank while trying to start see if it will start

y'all r full of it come on can I get some straight answers ????

have tried banging on tank it always starts just won't stay running till it decides to it might run for 200 miles then repeat the process

530

530

530

I asked if it starts right up after it dies and you said no you said after 20 minutes it will start right up. Now you're saying I'm full of it because you can supply the information needed. I asked the questions to figure out what's wrong with your truck.

17,125

no doubt that it is temperature related - so what component is changing it's performance when hot vs cold? Does it kind of sputter and die like if you ran out of gas or does it just die? First one would suggest a sensor in the fuel/air supply and the second suggests a sensor in the spark.And you can't be rude to someone who isn't in the car listening and feeling the problem because the better the info you supply and better the results. OR TAKE IT IN TO THE SHOP AND LET THEM START REPLACING PARTS for all the different things it might be!

17,125

P.S. - here's a straight answer for you --- when looking for free advice BE NICE.

sorry fellow it's frustrating I'm on side. of road right now and have been there from 1am to 6am. have went10 miles. anymore good advice.

and yes it sputters like it's out of gas.

well I was told it was the coil. what do you think. ???