If I take the axles out of a dodge 3/4 diesel and put them in a dodge 1/2 ton what am I goin to need to make the swap I was thinking because diesels have low rpm it might not work

Travis Kotylak

Asked by Apr 21, 2014 at 10:05 PM

99 dodge diesel into 92 ramcharger

They do run taller gears to make up for that but the gear ratios can be changes. Why do you want them. Getting larger tires. If so what size and whats you engine make for power. Might need to re-gear anyway.

Travis Kotylak

37"s 360 don't know hp going rebuild that and supercharge it tho

James Ramond

in that case they will work and stronger too, just take some measurements end flange to flange and spring perches , and shaft connections and placement

Travis Kotylak

Thanks for your help much appreciated