I need a fuel tank for a 1970 ford ranchero. Any help?


Asked by Apr 18, 2014 at 08:57 AM

Question type: General

My tank is leaking from rust problem. Need to find a answer to what I can do. Can't locate a tank.

2 Answers


Put a fuel cell/racing tank under there- measure dimensions, find one close through Summit- fabricate some straps-


pull down your tank. empty it and hand sand where its leaking. then use JB weld you can but it at any auto parts store. its like play-dough you have to rub it along time then apply it evenly then once it hardens then light sand it with sand paper. then take a clear coat "Liquid Glass" that will seal over the top of it. thats an easy and cheap fix but it works great

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions


Search General Questions

General Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 49,370
Reputation 39,940
#3 tenspeed
Reputation 16,920
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.