I have an 1987 Chevy Celebrity, 45,000 miles, garage kept and wasn't driven often. It drives great and everything works, no warning lights, etc. I've recently started driving the car more frequently and for long distance trips. Suddenly the check engine light comes on when I use the defrost and the car seems to idle louder than normal and shuts off. I just stopped using the defrost and everything seems to be fine, but ocassionally the check engine light comes on when every I'm sitting still. Any suggestions???

Asked by Apr 10, 2014 at 04:31 PM

1987 Chevy Celebrity 45,000 miles.

257,935

Yes, you will need to scan for codes. No sense guess what the issue is..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8nZpQyoRh4