Chevy Astro Van 2002

Asked by Mar 26, 2014 at 09:46 PM

I had a misfire on cylinder 6.There was a intermittent misfire on 6 that could be felt very faintly.
The dealer replaced the fuel injector on 6 and fuel regulator, and cam shaft position sensor. That fixed the misfire on 6 but the misfire  jumped to cylinder 4
Before that I had a full tune up, and fuel pump installed..I cant understand why it would jump to cylinder 4. Anyone have this problem?
The van runs great, I dont feel a misfire at all. I just drove it 500 miles and runs perfect.
But the Service engine light is flashing and making me crazy.

505

is it a C.O.P. set up? sorry not familiar with GM

COP?

505

coil over plug

505

individual ignition coils

I have spent alot of $ on this lately. Im almost thinking of buying a Honda Element. But its worth investigating.

505

I agree, sell the GM and buy a Honda. with no description of the engine or ignition type, it prolly needs a coil pack or coils, either way, you need to find a independant tech/mechanic because the techs at your dealership sound incompetent.

Its a 4.3 liter. I have lost interest in putting more $$ into it, but curious if anyone has had this problem. If it was something simple maybe it would be worth it. I have asked around to many mechanics, and it seems like no one really wants to get into it The dealer said more than likely its the cams, they just a enough play in them, that its sending out a misfire. it does have 160k. Thaks