95 bronco stuck in muddy water. Got it out but water came in through intake. Afraid to try to start it. Help please

Rip Connor

Asked by Mar 23, 2014 at 04:11 PM

Hate to say this but best to plan on tearing it all the way down. IMO. Where water goes so does sand and dirt. Sand and/or dirt mixed with oil or gas in a motor equals sand paper eating away at your engine.

I hope it wasn't running when this happened. First change the engine oil and filter, then remove all of the spark plugs, turn off the fuel pump interia switch or just unplug it, disconnect ignition coil, then crank over engine to blow out all of the water from the cylinders then add just a small amount of oil into each cylinder and crank over again, replace spark plugs, reconnect the coil and fuel pump, and try to start it, if it starts and sounds ok just let it idle until it reaches full operational temperature. If it seems to run good then you will most likely you are going to have to change all of the fluids in the differentials, transmission, transfer case. Hope this information helps.