'06 Mercury Grand Marquis, overdrive kicks in at 45 mph. Most of my driving is local and I have to drive at more like 40 mph. Any way to reset the O'drive to 40 by the computer or?

155

Asked by Mar 12, 2014 at 04:55 PM

'06 Mercury Grand Marquis, overdrive kicks in at 45 mph. Most of my driving is local and I
have to drive at more like 40 mph. Any way to reset the O'drive to 40 by the computer or?

237,945

No, you can't adjust the O/D to engage at a certain speed. I'm not familiar with your vehicle, but isn't there a O/D lockout button near or on the shifter? I would use that when your driving around town, and or around 40-50 mph.