I have a 1999 Honda Accord LX with a 4 ULEV.vtec engine and it runs great other than when I'm slowing all the way down and it acts like it wants to shut off it does this sometimes but what it does mos

20

Asked by Mar 02, 2014 at 09:32 AM

T of the time is, I'm setting still and when I
give it just a lil bit of gas it starts to sputter
and sometimes shuts off completely, but it
will start right back up no problem give it a
lil bit of gas wants to shut off. I can start it
up sometimes and will idle perfect w no
shut off. Plz help me!!

108,835

How long since your last major tune up? Is check engine light on? Sounds like could be a vacuum leak or maybe even idle air control valve acting up.

108,835

After a little searching I am finding lots of owners with idle air control issues similar to yours. I would look into cleaning it and see if that might help. Also could be your throttle position sensor acting up.

20

Major tune up?? A while but I do take very good care of it so I should get a major one done. Yes the check engine light is on and I've 3 codes p1156,p1166,p1167...

108,835

http://engine-codes.com/p1167_honda.html

Best Answer
108,835

http://engine-codes.com/p1166_honda.html

108,835

http://engine-codes.com/p1156.html

20

Dude your awesome thank you so much for the knowledge!!!!!